Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, April 25, 2005

A Few Different Thoughts...


Thought 1:

Thanks to all of you who have checked out my blog, especially those of you who have posted comments for me.

I was pleasantly surprised today to see so many comments on my post Should I Share? Since that entry, I had pretty much decided not to share. The thought hadn't really crossed my mind that if he was reading I might censor my thoughts but after reading your comments and mulling it over, I think you all might be right. But I'm healing so we'll see.

So thanks for the feedback.

Thought 2:

I've been a little obsessed, I guess you could say, posting about my ex. Well, I'm going to try to broaden my scope of topics, which leads me to talk about my so far unmentioned quest to shed some pounds.

In October of 2003 I joined a local Curves. This may be a shameless plug (too bad I'm not being compensated for it) but I love this gym. For those of you who don't know, it's a gym for women and it only takes a half hour. Even I can manage a half hour a few days a week and that's saying something!

The weight has been coming off (especially since the breakup) but I'm working hard and trying to keep it up. I'm especially proud of myself because I haven't really felt like going recently. The idea of sitting in front of the boob tube with a pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough has sounded way more appealing. But I dragged my butt in there today and forced myself to get on the scale... not a bad thing since I've lost just under 5 pounds since I weighed in last month.

My only problem is my clothes. I'm at the point where the pants I'm wearing are literally falling down (and I hate belts so they continue to fall down) but the next size down is still a little too tight for my liking. This is giving me something to work towards and I'm trying to cherish the success that I'm making instead of getting frustrated that I'm not getting into the right size faster.

I know a lot of people join the gym with a certain number in mind that they want to lose or that they want to reach. I've been dieting since I was eight years old and am to the point that I don't really care about the number on the scale. I just want to feel healthy and good about myself. It's starting to work, which is giving me incentive to continue. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

2 Comments:

  • At 4/25/2005 11:41 PM, Blogger mcgibfried said…

    nothing feels better than watching that number on the scale get smaller and smaller!

     
  • At 4/26/2005 8:16 AM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    Go, Rebecca! Go, Rebecca! I am also trying to work on shrinking, and it's not going all that bad! Imagine how great we will look when we finally take that girl power cruise!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home