Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Sunday, April 17, 2005

K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Stupid. I've heard this at numerous trainings over the years. Every time I hear it, I nod in agreement, yet, before long I forget the words.

It seems to be something I neglect to do in all aspects of my life. This weekend has been an eyeopener. It's not that I did anything or got insight from anyone... actually I've been sick and holed myself up at home.

I started and finished Three Weeks With My Brother by Nicholas and Micah Sparks yesterday. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors, everything I've read by him taps so many emotions that I find it impossible not to be engrossed. This book, which was no exception, is the story of a three-week trip around the world the brothers take, during which they reflect on their childhood.

"Never forget that anticipation is an important part of life. Work's important, family's important, but without excitement, you have nothing. You're cheating yourself if you refuse to enjoy what's coming."

Wow. In looking at my life, I can say that I don't live like this. It's no wonder I have nothing and am alone. Sure, people come into my life for short periods but no one stays for the long haul. My ex tried but I see now that I dragged him down until he couldn't take it anymore.

I live in fear, making it difficult for me to do things. The fear is always, somehow, too much for me to work through. But between reading this book and listening to Tim McGraw's song Live Like You Were Dying is making me think of things I'd like to do before I die.

I want to ride in a hot air balloon, go parasailing, ride in a helicopter and travel around the United States. I want to get married and have children, own a house and be the love of someone's life. I want to be happy. I want to conquer as many of my fears as I can and to stop worrying so much about everything.

2 Comments:

  • At 4/17/2005 12:40 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I enjoyed reading your posts and hope to read more from you in the future. I am close to the same age as you (I am 30) and think it is a tough age, because it seems you are never where you thought you'd be at this age. I will bookmark your site and check back often.

     
  • At 4/17/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hey Space Chick! Thanks for the feedback. It's pretty cool that someone out there is actually reading what I write and enjoying it! Hope to see some more comments from you in the future!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home