Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Friday, April 08, 2005

New to Blogging

I used to keep a journal. It was a great joy and a wonderful outlet to me. I kept up with it until I got too busy. Then I'd start it up again. I finally stopped because after using the computer so much, I hate my handwriting.

Sure, I've heard about blogs but I never knew much about them or had ever read one until recently. See, I'm going through a hard time. After five years, my only significant relationship has ended. I made a lot of mistakes, I admit it. One of the biggest ones being ditching my friends. Now, I'm better off without some of them but there are a few that I have really missed. I believe it's true that when one door closes another one opens. I'm trying to stay positive. I'm trying to reconnect with friends and loved ones, which is how I ended up here. My cousin and dear friend, MMT, introduced me to blogging. Although we're close in age and have always gotten along, because we don't live near one another, neither of us ever thought about picking up the phone. That is, until we graduated college and both had cell phones. Now, every time either of us is in the car, we're on the phone.

It's been great to talk to her so much. We've really become so much more than cousins. We can honestly say that we're friends now. It helps for me that she doesn't badmouth my ex (who I am remaining friends with despite how difficult it is right now).

MMT has become addicted to blogging and recently suggested I check out her page poohbeargs.blogspot.com. Although I've never doubted her intelligence, talent or wit, I have to admit that I'm surprised by her writing. I love reading her blog! But that's what brought me here. The idea of blogging has intrigued me. It's about time I got back to journaling! If you find yourself reading this, I hope I can provide a laugh from time to time or even just a smile. Enjoy!

2 Comments:

  • At 4/09/2005 8:46 AM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    YAY!!! I have bookmarked you and will be a regular reader! You are officially the first person that I have turned on to blogging!

    Have a great weekend...I love you!

     
  • At 5/14/2005 11:17 AM, Blogger srini said…

    i share the same emotions with you.. i started bloggin only because of my close colleague at office. she has a terrific blog and having read that i started one myself :)..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home