Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Should I Share?

As I've said, a number of times, my ex and I are friends. I'm not saying it's easy but if I want him in my life, and I do, I don't have any other options (he's seeing someone else).

We talk pretty frequently, as of now anyway (he's moving by the end of the month), and I had mentioned to him that I was keeping a blog. He inquired about it... like me a few weeks ago, he didn't know anything about blogs. He questioned why I'd want anyone to read what is essentially my journal. I couldn't quite answer him other than to say that there's a certain thrill in knowing that people are reading. This, of course, posed the question, "who can read this?" I answered that if I provided him with the address, he could read it.

I didn't give him the address at that point but I'm wondering if I should now. Got any advice?

5 Comments:

  • At 4/23/2005 4:37 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Do not under any circumstances give him the address! This is your blog and place to rant or rave or whatever, and I think if you know that he might be reading what you wrote, you will sub-consciously censor yourself. That would defeat the whole purpose of the blog, in my opinion.

     
  • At 4/24/2005 1:34 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Thanks. I appreciate your honesty. I had pretty much come to the same conclusion after I posted this entry but I'm happy to have some support!

     
  • At 4/24/2005 4:52 PM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    I also was pretty anti-sharing, but I didn't want to be the lone dissenter. I know some people who put their blog address in their signature of their e-mails. However, I certainly don't want to be quite that "out there."

     
  • At 4/24/2005 5:08 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I was flipping through blogs and just had to leave a comment on this one when I saw the name... so hidey-ho.

    I think the issue of how much to share comes up eventually with anyone who keeps an online journal, and my blogging friends have handled it in different ways. You can choose to carefully control what you write about, knowing that anyone, ANYONE, can read it. Or you can say to hell with that and write about whatever you want anyway. Whether you give him the address or not isn't all that relevant, because if he wants to bad enough he can find our site regardless.

    I don't suppose that's really all that helpful.

     
  • At 4/25/2005 1:54 PM, Blogger NoMoreJNames said…

    I think that space chick is right!! This is for you, not him. If he has access to it, it just may cause you to close our feelings...in fear that he may not like what you have to say. He needs to stay out of the BLOG!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home