Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The End

Well, you've all recognized it for a while... now, it has finally hit me with such force that I'm truly startled. It's over. I need to close that chapter of my life and move forward on the next.

I've certainly made plenty of mistakes in my lifetime... a lot of them recently, so it seems. Some are easier to deal with than others but they say that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Let's just put that to the test!

Last night was a night of heavy thinking for me. I've been trying to "work on me" and make improvements on the things that I don't like but that list goes on and on. So, effective immediately, I am going to focus on letting go. It's time to move ahead.

Thanks for the support you've all offered. It is truly appreciated.

11 Comments:

  • At 5/22/2005 5:02 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I love reading your blog because it's so similar to something I went through this year. The circumstances are different, but when you write about how you feel about him, breaking up, etc., I am continually sitting at my computer thinking "wow... that could be me." And it's helped a lot to know there are other people out there going through the same thing. So I wish you the best of luck with moving on and everything! Go Rebecca!

     
  • At 5/22/2005 5:26 PM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    Well, at least now you know, right? I have no doubt that you will come through this will flying colors. And when you come out on the other side, the future will look very bright...you will see.

     
  • At 5/22/2005 6:30 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congratulations, here begins the next chapter of your life, surely a much better one. I am always here to listen (or at least read).

     
  • At 5/22/2005 7:43 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    You go girl! I think I'm about halfway on my way to where you are now! I need to learn to do things for myself, a girl's gotta try, right?

     
  • At 5/23/2005 8:48 AM, Blogger srini said…

    way to go.

    now you need to look back only when you want to learn from that 'ex'perience. and not to sulk over it.

    go find out the happiness that is within you and build your path to that.

     
  • At 5/23/2005 9:11 AM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    BTW: I noticed you are a Sag - when's your birthday? I am too and am wondering if we will be both turning 30 close to each other?

    December 14 is my big day.

     
  • At 5/23/2005 11:19 AM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    Not to steal her thunder, but since she is my cousin, this is information I have stored in my head...it looks like you are two days older than Miss Rebecca! She celebrates her birthday on December 16!

     
  • At 5/23/2005 5:16 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    Oohh...we so will have to have a joint birthday party - aka drinking fest of cosmos for our birthdays!

     
  • At 5/24/2005 8:56 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Now that sounds like a wonderful idea!

     
  • At 5/24/2005 11:00 AM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    I'm glad you think so!

     
  • At 5/25/2005 3:32 PM, Blogger patrice said…

    weighing in late, but...

    I hope that this blog survives in a year, 5 years, 10 years, so you can look back at it. it really sucks that the only thing that can really help you get over something is time. I'm a totally impatient person and this has been something difficult for me to accept, but there it is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home