Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A Walking Fool

I am a walking fool today. During lunch, my boss and I walked around town. I'm not sure how far we walked but I'd guess it was about a mile. After work I skipped the gym and went up to the local ecology site where there is a track and I walked that by myself.

The ecology site is cool. There are swimming pools, a petting zoo and the track. There may even be more stuff there. It's been probably 7 years since I was last there though so I'm not sure. But that's not the point. The point is that, to my recollection, the track is a mile and a half long. There are some small hills and valleys and it's not oval like the track at a school. It makes it a little more interesting.

Anyway, I stuck to the outside of the track the entire way around and I tried to keep a pretty good pace (I made it around in exactly 20 minutes, I'm not sure if that's good or not but by next week maybe I can make it in 18). This was no stroll for me. It was the first day of actively reaching for my goal. Of course, I should have skipped the slice of white pizza and gone with a salad for lunch...

I didn't drink quite as much water today either. I was so nauseous yesterday that it made my time at the gym difficult, but not quite impossible, to complete. It didn't really matter today because I had the same feeling by the time I completed my walk anyway. Then again my head is pounding today. Someone needs to silence the little man with the hammer in my head!

I figure if I walk during lunch with my boss twice a week, go to the gym three times a week and walk at the ecology site two or three times a week, I should have no problem reaching my goal. Keep your fingers crossed for me though. As I've said in earlier posts, I've already lost a pretty significant amount so far this year so I'm a little bit afraid that my body won't allow me to reach this goal. But you'd better believe I'm going to push and do everything I can to reach it! Right now, it's the only thing that makes me feel better.

1 Comments:

  • At 5/03/2005 6:17 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    That is really good that you're getting all that exercise. I have every confidence that you will reach your goal.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home