Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

What's Going On...

It's been a few days since my last post and I'm feeling a little scatterbrained so be prepared for some random thought hopping!

Now that I'm starting to feel better about myself and my life I've realized that some of the bad habits I had started to break are rearing their ugly heads again. When I was still with my ex, I didn't have a lot of time for other people. When we split I needed people to lean on and I began calling them. A LOT.

I'm working through the healing process though and, like I said, am starting to feel better/stronger/happier. But I've been noticing that I haven't called these people much lately. Looks like I'm going to making some calls this evening!

Over the weekend I cut and colored my hair, again. It's now just a little past my shoulders and blond. It looks good but it's an adjustment. One of these days, maybe I'll post a picture... it may take a while though since I don't own a digital camera. Ah well, for now I'll just have to remain a mystery!

I also attended a family party of my ex. It was a little strange to be there but not be there with him. However, it was good and I'm very glad I went.

I took the opportunity to get dressed in some of my new and more girlie clothes, which turned out to be a success. I should admit though that I had ulterior motives. Of course, I wanted to have the wow factor on my ex but there's someone at bowling that I've been flirting with, who has been flirting with me recently. He has given me a number of compliments over the last few weeks and I've been loving it. So I brought clothes to change into but purposely waited to change until he had seen me (and complimented me). It's silly and immature but it felt great and I'd do it the same way again, if given the opportunity. :)

For those of you who read my last post... the cockroach is gone... out of sight anyway. Thanks to those of you who shared your thoughts on a certain rude comment too. I guess someone's mother never taught them that if they didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all. Not that it matters. It did strike me as kind of funny though, that this person had so much to say about something they found so terrible. Whatever.

I'm going to add some new links to my page. There are some new (to me) blogs that I've been checking out and I'd like to share them. On a similar note, it seems that I'm not the only one who has been off of the blog radar for a few days, which makes me feel better. But I am looking forward to seeing some recent posts from everyone!

5 Comments:

  • At 5/18/2005 5:52 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Eeee! I am on the link list!

    I am flattered.

     
  • At 5/18/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger Baby Rhiverson said…

    Nice job with the girlie clothes.
    I say whatever makes you feel pretty. Women discount the need to do things that attract attention because, at least in my opinion, their mothers told them their whole lives that only hussies do those things.
    Wrong, mom. Women are beautiful, and we should honor it with pride!:):)
    Robin

     
  • At 5/19/2005 9:23 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Glad to see that you are back; I missed you. I'd love to see your hair. It sounds cute.

     
  • At 5/19/2005 9:59 AM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    Thanks for linking me! : )

     
  • At 5/19/2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    To the other rebecca and glitterglamgirl05... happy to have linked you both to my page! I enjoy what you write so I figure anyone who checks out my blog would like yours too.

    Robin... I have to say, wearing the girlie clothes this weekend did make me feel good. It's a shame it took me nearly 30 years to get the hang of it but as they say, better late than never! I agree with you on what we've been told as kids though and think we should make sure that we don't do that to our kids. (Well, that's something you'll have to worry about sooner than me!) Speaking of which, I hope when she's born, you'll share pictures!

    Jen... once I get my pictures back I'll try to post one. Sorry I've been gone for a few days. The weekend was pretty busy. How's the second shift going?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home