Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Do You Have A...

This post was generated via GGG05's last post that talks about "tallguy". It brought this story back to my mind and I was going to either e-mail it to GGG05 or post it as a comment for her. But then I figured I wouldn't deprive my readership of probably more of my more amusing stories!

You have to keep in mind that I am very shy and try not to hurt people's feelings. Anyway, I was a sophmore in college and three of my close girlfriends and I (all being single at the time) decided we were going to go to the school's Spring Fling dance. We talked about the dance for weeks leading up to it and I borrowed a dress from one of the girls.

The night of the dance rolled around and I had SEVERE cramps. It was the worst time I've ever had with cramps. I tried to beg out of the evening but the girls pushed so I got dressed and miserably went along.

At one point, the cramps, heels and heat of the student center all closed in on me and I had to escape into the fresh air. One of the girls came with me and she soon ran into a guy she knew. He walked over and was standing in front of me and this is how the conversation went...

Him: "Do you have a REALLY, REALLY big boyfriend?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Do you have a REALLY, REALLY small boyfriend?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Do you have a medium sized boyfriend?"

Me: "No."

Him: "Do you want to dance with me?"

Me: "No."

Well, our mutual friend heard the entire exchange and immediately tried to smooth his feathers by telling him I'm not usually like that and that I just didn't feel good. Our other two friends had come outside to check on me, in enough time to catch the whole thing and were doubled over with laughter.

I left shortly afterwards and I don't think I ever saw that guy again. Of course, I didn't feel bad about my attitude until after my physical discomfort subsided a few days later with the help of some strong muscle relaxers! I wasn't trying to be mean, I just didn't feel well.

3 Comments:

  • At 6/29/2005 5:33 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    What a silly line he had there. I bet that is not how he thought you were going to answer!

     
  • At 6/30/2005 10:32 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    None of my friends could believe how I answered nor could I (though at the time I didn't care). I have to give the guy a little bit of credit though, you know, for creativity. :)

     
  • At 6/30/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    OMG too funny. It's my tallguy all over again!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home