Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, June 06, 2005

The Hardest Part About Blogging...

Before I had a chance to get on here and update my last post, NME strangeafeet.blogspot.com beat me to what I was going to say in her comment to me. Giddy. That is the perfect word to describe how I'm feeling these days.

Anyway, why does it seem like the hardest part about blogging is naming each individual post? When I wrote for those few magazines and got into some of the layout stuff, I had to do headlines and sub-heads and captions. That stuff all seems so easy when you don't HAVE to do it. But once it's required of you, it's not that easy. At least not in my opinion.

So tonight, as I was sitting here trying to form all of my thoughts, I couldn't come up with a name for the post bringing back these memories and I figured I'd share. (One of these days I'll share some of the funny stories I have from that job but not today.)

I wore my new blouse to work today and everyone was pretty impressed. It's really much more girlie than I usually wear, especially to work. But I decided that since I've been losing weight and buying girlie clothes, maybe I should wear them instead of shoving them in the closet for "special" occasions.

Oh, I did want to clarify one other thing from my last post (just in case anyone cares)... I am no longer basing my life or my happiness on a man's involvement with me. The attention that I've been getting recently (or maybe just noticing for the first time) is wonderful and it makes me feel good but I am still working on fixing some of my flaws and becoming the woman I want to be. So I may be sort of boy-crazy but it's no longer a dependence thing. I'm learning how to have fun!

I have to change my workout routine. I got on the scale today and am up 3 pounds. Shoot! If I'm up three pounds from my last weigh in and a week closer to my goal date, then I'm in trouble! There's no way I can lose 12 pounds, well 15 now, in the next three weeks. But I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP! I am still going to work hard and push for results. (Who is this woman?)

I beginning to scare, I mean amaze, myself! Thanks for listening! More to come later!

5 Comments:

  • At 6/06/2005 11:10 PM, Blogger ramblin' girl said…

    Giddyness is good!

     
  • At 6/07/2005 8:59 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    I'm so thrilled that you're happy! and giddy! try not to worry about the scale day to day. it'll go up and down and you can't do much about it. do you like the way you look? clothes fitting? that's important.

    but then so is your goal...

    congrats on the blouse thing. I know it takes me some time to get comfortable with wearing clothes that are a little out of my comfort zone (as it is, I still feel like someone playing dress up when I wear any kind of heels) but eventually, it doesn't feel so odd.

     
  • At 6/07/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    it's amazing how much a new shirt or new clothes can make you feel good - or even giddy. Once you wear stuff that fits, you just feel so much better about yourself! I can understand that - I just cleaned out my entire closet and got rid of stuff that was too big. Now I have plenty of room for cute tops! : )

     
  • At 6/09/2005 8:24 PM, Blogger NME said…

    Bravo! I agree that though it is certainly flattering and fun to get a little male attention - it should not define you. It's great to focus on the work you are doing on the inner and outer - and also on having a little fun.

    I very rarely wear girlie clothes - they make me feel so uncomfortable. Like Patrice in heels, I feel like I'm playing dress up. When I was pregnant I wore alot more girly things - of course you can't get any more feminine than pregnant so I felt like I could get away with it. Now I'm back in tshirts and jeans.

     
  • At 6/10/2005 3:47 AM, Blogger srini said…

    glad that the boy-craze is not an end unto itself.

    building on patrice's comment: its abt feeling good - from the inside. abt who you are!!

    i am intruding into an all-woman ground here - so i would rather limit my comments :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home