Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Moving Forward

Hi there! I'm still here. I haven't vanished. I realize it's been a few days since I posted anything and maybe nobody missed me but it's okay because I'm feeling good and kind of... happy.

I started my summer bowling league on Thursday night. I know a lot of the people from bowling with them in previous leagues but there are also a lot of new teams. And it's a mixed league so that means there are new men for me to meet! (Not that I'm necessarily looking to jump into something---but I'm not going to prevent anything from developing either!)

Anyway, it was a fun evening. I bowled so badly. So on Friday I took my ball up to the pro shop and had it cleaned, polished and had new grips put in. The guy I took it to is amazing (thanks to the ex for suggesting him). I went in, told him I wanted my current balled cleaned and to add new grips and I told him I was considering buying a new ball. I explained the problems I'm having and he actually talked me out of a new ball. After doing what I asked to the current ball and polishing it, he gave a few pointers for when I release it and told me that if my scores don't improve this week that I should then come back and he'd help me pick a new ball. Now that is how to get business. I just thought it was really cool that he bypassed a $100+ sale and just made some suggestions. I'll definately go back to him (not the pro shop in the alley I bowl at, not the next alley located on the highway but to the one after that).

Today I worked. I don't know if I have previously mentioned it but during the summer (mostly) I help a couple that I've known for a few years with their t-shirt business. Mostly we sell fire department shirts but sometimes they have EMT shirts too.

Anyway, one of the people I know from doing these shows said that a young man was inquiring about me and my dating status/eligibility. Hmmm. I like that idea. I noticed the alleged Inquiring Mind and he was cute. Unfortunately, I got a little nervous so the few words I exchanged with him were meaningless. On the positive side though, I did actually exchange some words with him. DUH! I should have told him my name and asked for his but akwardness abounded and I was like a 12-year-old just figuring out she likes boys but isn't quite sure why! Well, I walked away from the day with a smile and the possibility of running into the alleged Inquiring Mind at another show (like maybe next weekend)!

After the show, one of my other friends (who worked with us today) and I went to dinner. Well, we walked into the restaurant, which was packed and opted to do a little shopping at a nearby store for a bit in an effort to wait out some of the crowd. Let me tell you, I found such a cute little top! I liked the top but when she saw me in it, she raved. So I bought it. Not too bad, it was only $20. And that's all I bought, despite how much I tried on. Once we were done we went back to the restaurant and had very yummy salads for dinner.

I'm excited. I feel good. There's a whole world out there just waiting for me and I'm ready to start taking it on! Wahoo!

5 Comments:

  • At 6/04/2005 11:28 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Glad you are back, Rebecca. It sounds like you are doing so well; I am glad to hear it. It is about time you had a little fun.

     
  • At 6/05/2005 4:38 PM, Blogger ramblin' girl said…

    Yay! I love new tops that look fabulous, glad you're feeling great!

     
  • At 6/05/2005 6:19 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    I'm so happy for you. You need fun, fun and fun...and of course new clothes never hurt. Especially since you are a hip, happening gal!

     
  • At 6/06/2005 10:25 AM, Blogger srini said…

    great that you are moving on...from where you were.

    keep up the spirit :) and the faith

     
  • At 6/06/2005 12:19 PM, Blogger NME said…

    Ohhh! Giddiness from the wandering eye of an interested boy - that can't be beat. Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home