Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Tasks Completed

Today I decided to take some time to do a bunch of errands that desperately needed to be done and that I have been procrastinating actually doing.

There was nothing terribly interesting: refill my perscription, get a Father's Day card, fill Explorer with gas, drop off dry cleaning, deposit money into savings account and return cans and bottles (at $0.05 each, it's difficult to resist).

I completed all of my tasks in about two hours, then I spoke to Mary, helped my father with some landscaping, had lunch, went online to complete my Juror Qualification Questionnaire, blogged and blogged some more. All in all, it's been a productive day. I still need to do laundry, cart a bunch of junk into the basement and make my Dad a gift certificate. The man is a PAIN IN MY BUTT. He wants nothing. Ever. Christmas, his birthday, Father's Day--it doesn't matter--he doesn't want anything. He doesn't really have any hobbies except for annoying my mother and going to Atlantic City so it's not even like he's easy to shop for. I was going to get him a gift certificate to the car wash for 5 top-of-the-line-washes but I couldn't get near the place today (and oh yea, have I mentioned that I procrastinate?). So, what's the next best thing? I'll give him a home made gift certificate and I'll wash his car for him. Sounds like a good idea but if you refer to my last post you'll see that my good ideas aren't always.

Since it's not too terribly hot out today, I should also get back outside and walk or jump rope or swim. I should do something. Oh! But I did go to the gym on Friday after work. My supervisor, who joined when I renewed my contract last fall, has asked if I would consider going to Lucille Roberts instead. I'm not sure what to do. I like Curves... and when I actually go, it works. It's quick and it doesn't feel all that strenuous. Also, I know the owner and would kind of feel bad if I stopped giving her my business. But it would be nice if they offered classes too or had a pool (assuming that I would actually take advantage of classes or a pool). If the price is comparable, maybe I should try. Worst case scenario is that I'll try a new place, hate it, and go back to Curves.

4 Comments:

  • At 6/20/2005 6:17 AM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    I used to belong to Lucille Roberts, and it was pretty cheap. However, it also wasn't a top-of-the-line gym. They had weight machines, treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, and classes. They didn't have a pool. I didn't really take advantage of the classes, but I did go and use the treadmills and the weight machines. So it depends on what you like to do. Next time I join a gym, I am going to go for a more top-of-the-line one with better hours...Lucille's didn't open until 9 AM, so I could never go in the morning before work.

     
  • At 6/20/2005 3:12 PM, Blogger NME said…

    Both of my parents are hard to shop for too. The GC is a good idea. In the future you could order GCs for places in AC?

     
  • At 6/20/2005 3:15 PM, Blogger Tanya Kristine said…

    i say stick with what you love because it's frickin hard enough to work out, let alone start over somewhere new.

    Aaah Fathers Day...one of the grandest days of the year...

     
  • At 6/20/2005 9:18 PM, Blogger ramblin' girl said…

    my dad's impossible to buy for also... we got him more shirts. excitement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home