Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Friday, July 15, 2005

A Book Meme

Just when I thought I'd never have inspiration to write again, Mary saved the day and tagged me with this book meme. Like her, I am a book lover so this is a cool thing to be tagged for!

How many books do you own? A lot. I'm really not sure how many but it's gotten to the point that I'm trying to donate the ones I didn't enjoy or don't feel attached to.

What is the last book you bought? True Believer by Nicholas Sparks. It was a good book but not one of my favorites by him.

What is the last book you read? Summer People by Elin Hildebrand.

What’s the one book that you can’t wait to read? I would say that the next book I can't wait to read is Goodnight, Nobody by Jennifer Weiner.

What 5 books are most important to you? (In no particular order...)
1. Grand Avenue by Joy Fielding. A look at a four-woman friendship over the course of a lifetime.
2. The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux. Another book about friends who have the opportunity to go back in time and make changes to their lives.
3. Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner.
4. A Perfect Day by Richard Paul Evans.
5. A Time To Kill by John Grisham because it was the book that turned me on to his writing.

Well, I hope anyone who decides to read any of my favorites enjoys them. Thanks to everyone else who has done this and has given me ideas for future reading! Who to tag? Hmmmm.... this time I'll go with Jen and Amy.

3 Comments:

  • At 7/15/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Ooohh, books. I love books. I think I'll do this meme tomorrow, though, if that's okay Rebecca.

     
  • At 7/16/2005 8:46 AM, Blogger M.Thom said…

    I also agreed that True Believer wasn't quite as good as the rest of his books. Hopefully, the next one will be more up to par!

    Have you read Richard Paul Evans's other books? He's so great too...I loved The Perfect Day!

     
  • At 7/16/2005 12:51 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    No Mary, I haven't read anything else by RPE. Can you send anything along with your mom when she comes to visit?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home