Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, July 02, 2005

What I Want For Him...

Lately, I've been finding inspiration to write in all kinds of places (e.g. music, movies, other blogs, etc.). Some of my entries are straight from the heart and others... well, others come from the deep, dark recesses of my mind that I generally try not to acknowledge.

Last night I watched Bruce Almighty for the umpteenth time. But this time it was different. It cleared things up, in my head and my heart.

Since the movie is a few years old, I'm not worried about giving anything away but if you haven't seen it and want to... stop reading here!

Towards the end of the movie, God asks Bruce if he wants Grace back and Bruce says no. His explanation goes along these lines: "What I want is for her to be happy. I want her to find someone who will love her like she's deserved to be loved. I want her to find someone who will see her as I see her now, through your eyes."


I want those things for my ex as well as these:
  • True, Deep Love
  • Laughter from the gut
  • Forgiveness from the heart
  • Peace of mind and
  • Happiness in the soul.

6 Comments:

  • At 7/03/2005 3:06 AM, Blogger srini said…

    god bless you!

    dont worry about what others think of you (handling your ex this way). i think its great and speaks volumes about the loving person that you are.

    i did the same after my 'problem' with my colleague who apparently thinks i am a no-good cheat and cheated her and let her down. we dont talk anymore, but i always wish her the best and hope that she grows both professionally, spiritually and personally.

     
  • At 7/03/2005 7:18 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    I saw that movie in German. (This is because I was in Germany at the time.) I liked it a lot, but sometime I must watch it in English, because I have a sneaking feeling that I must have missed a lot. I don't remember that line at all, for example, and it's a wonderful line.

     
  • At 7/05/2005 1:10 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    I want all of that for you as well!

     
  • At 7/07/2005 1:22 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    Wow....that sure is noble. I usually want most of my ex's to have a very itchy and painful STD. Oh well, I guess some of us are nicer than others. :)

     
  • At 7/08/2005 9:40 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Sherri--Thanks for the laugh!

     
  • At 7/10/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger CrazyCarla said…

    sure does free up alot of space in ur spirit for good things when you can forgive... I think forgiving my ex is probably the hardest thing I'veexperienced...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home