Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Disappointment

AIM had said he'd call me yesterday. I was excited. I have been missing him and I really wanted to hear his voice.

But yesterday came and went with no phone call, no text messages and no e-mails/instant messages. I was/am bummed out by this.

Part of this is purely emotional (because, wow, I do like him) and part of it is because we've been working on building something (whether it be a friendship or a relationship remains to be seen) but without trust we can't have anything. Am I being very dramatic with the trust issue? I mean, in any sort of relationship, trust is non-negotiable. I'm not saying that people aren't ever going to disappoint you or fail to meet your expectations. I suppose it would probably be best if I stopped trying to analyze it and see what happens now.

I fully understand that short of telling me he would call, the man has absolutely no obligation to me. We are, after all, only talking. But I'm confused. I thought he was interested in me and quite frankly something like this (as little as it is) makes me wonder. Again, am I being dramatic here?

Hahaha! You know, I was reading my daily dose of blogs the other day and realized that I seem to be in a different boat than my other single blogger buddies who are dating several men where I have been focused on getting to know this one. I was going to blog about it then but opted against it. Hmmm... funny how things work out, eh?

3 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2005 9:16 AM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    I don't blame you at all for being disappointed...seems I've been the one diappointing people lately...

     
  • At 8/09/2005 11:43 AM, Blogger srini said…

    at the cost of repeating myself.... are you sure you arent rushing yourself (to be in a steady relationship).. working our mind too hard sometimes costs a lot in mistakes and hurt feelings.

     
  • At 8/10/2005 9:07 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    I kinda have to agree with srini, while agreeing with GGG as well. I don't blame you for being disappointed. and yet I think you're putting alot of pressure on yourself and on this budding relationship.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home