Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Friday, August 26, 2005

Funny How The Mind Works

With no Internet connection at work this week and the phones being pretty quiet, I've had plenty of time to entertain AIM-induced memories and scenarios. It's pretty funny how the mind works. See, part of my putting everything down here is not so much to entertain y'all as it is to keep me from forgetting what has happened in my life. With this down time though I remembered some things that I didn't write about. So, here I am to write about them!

One thing was when he whispered to me, in between kisses, that I was trouble. Hmmm... having the benefit of not being mere centimeters from those lips that I so enjoyed kissing got me thinking about this comment. Could it be that AIM is just as nervous as me? Could he already have played some of the same scenarios as me through his brain? Interesting concept.

Obviously he's interested though I cannot honestly say that he initiated the kiss. It was like we were drawn together. I remember him walking towards me and being about two feet away and the next thing I recall is being attached at the lips.

There was no hesitation. There was no pounding heart. There was no shortness of breath. What was there then? There was comfort and, oddly enough, familiarity. Yes, that's right. Kissing him was familiar. Not the kissing part mind you but the kissing HIM part. Uh-huh. Who's in trouble now?

Anyway, as I mentioned in one of my other posts... AIM is away this weekend. He said he'd call and he hasn't (at least not yet). To be honest though, I don't expect him to. Maybe because this is what happened when he was on vacation or maybe because I'm still trying to take things slowly and since we're not dating...

I was sort of cranky last night and even this morning because, truth be told, I want to talk to him. But right now, I'm feeling less cranky. I still want to talk to him. And I want to see him. And man-oh-man, do I ever want to kiss him?! But I'm going to try to relax a bit and just let things be and see what happens. And maybe I'll suggest getting together to him the next time we talk.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home