Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Friday, August 19, 2005

He Gave Me His Spoon

Before too long here, I'll give y'all an update on the situation with AIM.

Right now I only have a short amount of time though so I'm going to share something from our I think it's a date. But I'm not sure it's a date. But he opened the car door for me so it's got to be a date. God, I really hope it's a date. But I didn't kiss him so maybe he didn't think it was a date.

When we ordered dinner he got shrimp with angel hair pasta and I got chicken with spaghetti. Being primarily Polish, I grew up cutting my spaghetti. My ex was Italian though and insisted that I learn to twirl my spaghetti and I did.

AIM's dinner came with a spoon while mine did not. However, I was not about to abandon my twirling skills so I tried anyway. AIM commented on my twirling and I told him it was much easier with a spoon (at this point I didn't realize his dinner had come with one). Anyway, he offerred me his spoon. I questioned how he was going to twirl and I had to laugh when he picked up his knife and cut his pasta!

I hadn't yet mentioned that part of the I think it's a date. But I'm not sure it's a date. But he opened the car door for me so it's got to be a date. God, I really hope it's a date. But I didn't kiss him so maybe he didn't think it was a date. I have a few reasons for mentioning it now: 1) I don't want to forget it because I really thought it was very sweet; 2) It was short and I could post it pretty quickly; and 3) I HAD to give y'all something!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home