Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Two For Two

He said he'd call on Friday and he called. Well, sort of. We exchanged several text messages. As far as I'm concerned though, it counts.

The first message came a little before 11 pm. I had been thinking of him all day but since he's on vacation and since we're just talking I don't want to be constantly calling, etc. Around 10 pm I began thinking that he'd forgotten that he'd said he would call. Then I got the text message.

I sent him an e-mail this morning and told him I'd call him in a day or so and wished him a wonderful visit and vacation.

What it comes down to (right now) is that I'm feeling optimistic and that is a feeling I have to get used to having again!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home