Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Wahoo!

I was trying to explain to T tonight that it almost seemed like my kiss with AIM never happened. Not because I don't remember it but because it seemed like nothing had changed after it.

During the week, this week, we still only spoke to one another online and while that's good and fun, there are just some things I don't want to talk about unless it's in person. And of course there was the fact that no plans had been made or even suggested about when we could get together again.

So, as happy as I was to have kissed him, there was that question in my mind about where things could go with us. I know I said I was going to relax and just see what happened but it's easier said than done! I really was trying not to over think things and for the most part, I did good but there was that little question back there in my brain.

Back to my point though. When he told me he'd call me one night while he was gone, my response was, "sure. that'd be cool." I honestly did not expect that he would call. When my phone rang this afternoon and I saw his name on the caller ID though, I was ecstatic!

He's upstate this weekend for a race and when he called he explained that he hardly has service on his cell phone there except for on the track but one of the trucks was having a problem so there was a delay and, "I thought this would be a good time to call you." At the very least that means he was thinking of me. At the most (maybe) he was thinking of me a lot! I feel good about that.

I know it's not terribly excited to you but I'm excited about it. Wahoo!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home