Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

What A Waste...

I had really hoped to have something exciting and happy to share with you all today but as it turns out, I don't. All of my efforts at fixing AIM a Roadtrip Survival Kit Rebecca-style were for naught as he bailed on me last night.

On Monday, he said he would call me on Tuesday to let me know what time I could come out to his place. I had suggested going out there right after work (since I get out at 4) or waiting a little longer. He responded that he hoped we could have dinner together. I was on Cloud 9.

I think it was finally around 6:30 last night when he showed up online and apologized for not calling sooner. He wouldn't say it so I finally asked if it would be better if I didn't go out there and he said "yes, unfortunately, I think it would be better since I still have so much to do." Well then, get off the freaking computer!

Even though my little travel kit was no big deal, I was disappointed not to give it to him.

And I suppose that's what the real issue is here. I'm surprised at how disappointed I am. Because really the package was no big deal.

6 Comments:

  • At 8/03/2005 9:08 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    oh, but it was a big deal. it was more than a package. I don't blame you for feeling let down. when will he be back? did you make any plans for then?

     
  • At 8/03/2005 9:58 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    He'll be away for approximately 2 weeks. I don't know exactly when he'll head back. No, we didn't make any plans for when he returns.

     
  • At 8/03/2005 11:50 AM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    He will call, trust me.

     
  • At 8/03/2005 3:41 PM, Blogger NME said…

    That is disappointing. IT wasn't what was in the package but the thought. And it's also scary anyone new cancels on you. I hope he gets in touch with you soon.

     
  • At 8/03/2005 6:35 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I don't envy you being in that difficult first stage of a relationship. Everything is so unsure. I wish you the best- I know you are disappointed.

     
  • At 8/04/2005 12:37 PM, Blogger srini said…

    maybe the disappointment stems from expectations. we think we are in control and that its not affecting us, but expectations ALWAYS affect us

     

Post a Comment

<< Home