Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, August 29, 2005

When It Rains...

Just when I thought things could not get any better...

Last night I spoke to AIM and we had a good conversation. He said he was trying to get tickets to see Gwen Stefani in November and asked if I would go to the show with him. Of course, I said yes. (Just for the record, I do like Gwen Stefani... I would just probably never buy concert tickets for her unless it was for someone else.)

Anyway, I was happy. We still don't have any short-term plans for getting together but things are moving forward now so I can't complain. I like AIM and I'm happy.

And I have to mention that Lonna commented on my last entry that my experiences are reminding her of when she first met her husband. Why is this significant and worth mentioning here you ask? Because normally, this kind of comment would scare the shit out of me and have me running away from anything even remotely resembling commitment. Not so at the moment though. As a matter of fact, that comment put a HUGE smile on my face. (Thanks Lonna!)

I'm not saying I'm in love with AIM (not now anyway) but I'm not about to close the door on the possibility either.

Of course, now that things are moving forward with us, it figures that one of the ladies I bowl with wants me to contact one of her friends who has a son that is looking for a nice girl. "No one wants to match make, but if he needs a friend and you need a friend and something happens to come of it..." All of these months I've been using to heal my emotional aches and all of a sudden there is a rainstorm of men.

Okay, okay... two men is not quite a rainstorm but it's still two men! Interesting how things happen. Isn't it?

4 Comments:

  • At 8/29/2005 9:07 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    It sure is...you can never have too many men in your life. Especially when you freak out a bit...ummm...kinda like how I am.

     
  • At 8/29/2005 9:46 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    Wow two possibilities and one is progressing smoothly. Yeah.

    I didn't mean to freak you out, and I'm glad that you weren't. I just meant that reading your recent entries has really made me nostalgic about the beginning of my relationship with my husband. I remeber all of the self doubt. I was always asking my friends "does he like me?" "he's going this, what does it mean?" I put myself through so much and he was totally above board. It was all in my mind.

    The main thing is to have fun and enjoy it. I wish that I did more of that and less stressing out than I did at the beginning.

     
  • At 8/30/2005 6:36 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Good for you! You seem more relaxed about it now that there are long range plans in your future (the concert).

     
  • At 8/30/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Interesting indeed.

    Dang it, I'm not having a rainstorm of anything but... rain. It's rained all day here. Hurricane leftovers, I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home