Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, September 26, 2005

Good Times

Things here are good. Things with AIM and I are moving along. He informed me today that we have two Halloween parties to go to and that I will need a costume. Any ideas? I don't think I've dressed up for Halloween since I was about 10!

I like that he is looking that far ahead. I know that one month is not really that far ahead but at this stage, it kind of is.

Anyway, I have realized that I have a tendency to put the men in my life up on pedestals. I don't think I ever mean to. As a matter of fact, I think it's more because of my own lack of self esteem. I look at the men in my life to guide me, in a sense, and wind up sort of worshipping them. I'm trying not to do that with AIM but I have to tell you that he is really sweet to me.

He bought me earrings. We've been talking since July but have only really been seeing each other for a few weeks. I wear a necklace with a heart pendant on it almost daily. He saw a pair of heart shaped earrings, thought of me and bought them for me. And that's just one example of his sweetness. There are many others but I don't care to share them all with you right now! (Sorry).

Well, I hope this wasn't too much of a teaser. I just wanted you all to know that I am still here, I'm trying to catch up with each of you and I am happy.

5 Comments:

  • At 9/26/2005 9:17 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    it stands to reason that women in new relationships who are happy tend to clam up. you're busy being happy with your new guy - so no news is good news. but thanks for giving us a quick update.

     
  • At 9/26/2005 4:32 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    A naugthy nurse!

     
  • At 9/26/2005 5:54 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    I'm so glad that things are going so well for you romantically. Enjoy your time with AIM, but thanks for the update.

     
  • At 9/26/2005 8:20 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I am so happy to hear things are going well for you! But I tagged you anyway! Hah!

     
  • At 9/28/2005 1:01 PM, Blogger 28goingon40 said…

    Rebecca,
    I am so happy for you that things with AIM are working out. Yippee!!! It's about time. Good for you.
    As for the costumes..a tavern wench? (simple enough with a pirate shirt all cinged up at the chest and a skirt) - Like St. Pauli's girl. Devil is a good standby, red is always sexy. Cinderella pre ball...with some soot smeared on your face a ripped skirt? I assume you and AIM are not going as a matching set????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home