Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, November 21, 2005

Sorry For The Delay...

I'm so sorry for the delay in posting about the trip to Atlantic City with AIM! Assuming that you care... read on!

Approximately a week prior to our trip, AIM and I were online chatting when I asked him if he'd "do something stupid with me" when we went. He asked what and I told him that ever since I'd first heard about it I've wanted to go see Lucy the Elephant. I sent him the link to the webpage and while he didn't say yes, he more importantly didn't say no but that was the end of that portion of the conversation. Lucy did not come up in any conversations between then and when we left either. Imagine my surprise, when on the way down, he asked if I'd noticed "my" directions on the floor. I said no and looked and there were directions to Lucy!

I have to admit... it was really kind of corny and lame but I was thrilled to no end that he humored me. We pulled up, looked at Lucy, checked the gift shop and left. A totally uneventful portion of the trip but still important (to me)!

After leaving Lucy, we drove the remaining 10 minutes or so to Atlantic City and checked into The Sands. Our room wasn't ready but we left our stuff with the Bell Service and began to wander. First we had lunch at the buffet (not so impressive) and then we began to gamble. I think we also took a stroll on the Boardwalk that day. After we got settled into the room, we went to dinner and then continued to wander between The Sands and Claridge.

On Thursday it was much of the same. However, we took the Jitney over to the Borgata where we gambled some, ate dinner and went to the Gwen Stefani show. What a concert! I've never seen Gwen in concert but AIM is a HUGE fan. Now, I never asked about our seats but I did check online where I learned that the Event Center in the Borgata only has between 3,000 and 4,000 seats. The way I figured it, no seat is a bad seat in a venue that size. Imagine my surprise though when the usher made a left hand turn to our seats and brought us all the way to the 7th row! OH MY GOD!!!! She only performed from the Love, Angel, Music, Baby album (are they still called albums???) but it was phenomenal! We stood the entire time and I even shook my booty (a VERY rare thing for those of you that don't know me well)!

After the concert we took the Jitney back to the Sands, gambled, drank and then went upstairs. On Friday, after we got ourselves out of bed and packed, we went back to the Boardwalk for a little while and then headed out. We were not, I learned, heading straight home though. AIM's mom's best friend lives in New Jersey (I forget the name of the town but it's somewhere up near the George Washington Bridge). Anyway, he had made arrangements to meet her and her kids for dinner on Friday. He told me that he told them he was bringing his girlfriend! Woo-Hoo! Don't get me wrong, I had pretty much figured it out by then but it was really nice to hear him say it!

We spent a good four to five hours there and had a really nice time. Both his mom's friend and her daughter hugged me when we were leaving and told me to come back. I know people always say come back anytime but the way I see it, if they didn't like me enough to mean it they wouldn't have hugged me.

After we left there, AIM asked if I was tired and I told him that I was. He, on the other hand, was wide awake but asked if I would mind if we went out when we got back to his house because his friends were at the bar. No problem, I told him, I don't know how long I'll be good for but sure, we could go out.

A very interesting night it was. The bar's owner engaged me in an hours long conversation about his penis. Yes, you read that correctly. It was thoroughly entertaining. I do have to thank my lucky stars that he only talked and didn't offer to show. AIM heard bits and pieces of the conversation his friend was having with me and, being a gentleman, left me to fend for myself! Like I said though, at least it was entertaining!

We stayed for a few hours. He was surprised that I had as many drinks as I did (since I don't drink very much or very often). When we were leaving, the bartender gave me a big hug and kiss and told me to come back "because he speaks so highly of you."

At this point, I'd had quite a few drinks and was very tired so I stayed with AIM rather than attempting the 40-minute drive home. However, shortly after waking up the next morning I left. I figured, in part, that we'd had a good three days together so why jinx that by sticking around but also, we both had stuff to do at our respective homes.

Since then, things have been good. There have been moments when I've sort of freaked out (to my friends) about us but like I told one friend "when we're together everything is wonderful, it's when we're not together that I start to get a little freaky." In my last relationship, I spoke to the man every day between 1 and 3 times a day and saw him probably about 4 times a week. With AIM, we're talking sporadically. It's every few days at best, unless we catch each other online, and we see each other on either Friday or Saturday night most of the time. It's difficult to get used to but I'm working hard to manage because I really like this guy!

So, that's about it at the moment. I promise to try to catch up with my neglected blogger friends this weekend. I hope you all have a happy and safe holiday by the way!

6 Comments:

  • At 11/21/2005 8:17 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Great news. I'm glad everthing went good for you.

     
  • At 11/21/2005 9:42 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    You know we miss you but we will be here waiting....I owe you an email. I know.

     
  • At 11/21/2005 10:13 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    That is awesome about Lucy the Elephant. It really is those little things that matter. What a sweet guy.

     
  • At 11/22/2005 10:37 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    so glad you had a great time! I still check your site every day even though you hadn't posted in a while.

     
  • At 11/22/2005 8:29 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I am glad to hear from you again and try not to freak out so much. I think it is much harder when you don't see each other all the time because it gives you time to worry about the relationship. Have a great holiday!

     
  • At 11/23/2005 12:59 AM, Blogger Mhari said…

    HOOOOORRRRAAAAYYYYY!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home