Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, December 10, 2005

I'm With Glitter

Things here are good. I saw AIM last weekend, on Tuesday and then again this weekend. I opted against talking to him about the funk I'd been in... for the time being.

We went to a Christmas party last night hosted by his next door neighbors. At one point a lot of the women were outside by the fire while the men were inside around the bar and here's what the hostess said to me, verbatim, "I know I'm really, really drunk right now but I know exactly what I'm saying. Okay? Really, I'm serious. I mean what I'm going to tell you. In the four years that I've been living here and have known AIM, I have to say that you are the best thing to happen to him and he really likes you. I really hope things work out with you."

Yay!
But anyway, even though things with us are going well, I'm with Glitter on the whole turning 30 thing that happens next week. EEK. The thing is, I'm not entirely sure why I'm so afraid of it. Everyone I know that is older than me tells me that things got better for them after 30. I can only hope that the same happens for me!

3 Comments:

  • At 12/13/2005 12:47 PM, Blogger patrice said…

    age is just a number. it's all about frame of mind.

     
  • At 12/14/2005 12:10 AM, Blogger Robin Rivers said…

    Dude, I am SOOOOO telling you that life after 30 totally rocks. Seriously, I didn't even understand how to live well until I hit around 32. The 20s sucked. I melted down when I turned 30. And, now I'm pretty sure that amidst the chaos of a newborn, a career, a great husband and a family that found it's sanity somewhere along the way, I'm the best I've ever been. So, go right ahead and melt down, get that crap out of your system. Turning 30 is huge. Just don't plot your demise. Realize it's the beginning of your new life!

     
  • At 12/14/2005 10:40 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    in 2 days you will know what I feel like. I'm actually relieved my horrible 20s are gone and I'm 30. I'm supposed to be older and wiser but feel stupid still. LOL.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home