Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, February 06, 2006

Drawing A Blank

Okay, first and foremost, I have to admit that I'm at work right now. It's very quiet and I'm pretty bored. I had a great idea that I was going to write about here but now that I've got the window open, the idea escapes me. So forgive me, but I'm just going to ramble on...

I posted a bulletin on my MySpace account asking my friends to give me a sentence or two about what they think of me. I asked for strong points, weak points and assets. Three people have responded so far. So why did I this you might wonder? Because I thought it would be interesting to see myself through other people's eyes. It goes back to what I posted here about being my own biggest roadblock. I think people see me in one way but they may not. So, we'll see what happens. (MySpace was a good forum for me to do this because most of my friends on there are people that I do actually know in real life. However, the thought just occurred to me that many of you know me also, just not in the face-to-face way. As a matter of fact, there's a pretty damn good chance that you all know me better than some of those that do know me face-to-face. So, if you feel like humoring me... go ahead and give it to me!)

On a slightly humorous note, since I have enough trouble keeping up this blog, I've been thinking about starting one on MySpace. If I do, it'll be different content than this blog as AIM is one of my MySpace friends and those of you who have been reading me since the beginning remember what a disaster it was when my previous ex read my rantings! Anyway, I'm contemplating the idea but like I said, I don't regularly update this blog so who knows?

Moving on... a while back I posted that I was going to work on me. I think I mentioned that I wanted to save up as much money as possible and lose a lot of weight. The money part is working in my favor so far. Not that I'm saving a lot but the day after I got paid for doing the t-shirt show last weekend, I put the money into my savings account. I'm also trying to spend less money on lunch during the week and am trying to hit the ATM less frequently as well (though when I do I only go to ones that don't charge a fee).

On the weight management side of things, I had started out strong. I've been thrown off by the strep throat and cold though. I think I'll give myself the rest of this week to recuperate and then try to get back on track next Monday. While I would love to lose 30-50 pounds by the time I have to order my dress for Mary's wedding, I know that is not an especially realistic or healthy goal. So, I've compromised with myself to aim for 25 pounds by July 1. It'll be easier when the weather finally shapes up and I can hit the gym and the track both in the same day. In the meantime, I have got to start cutting back on the junk food that I love so much.

1 Comments:

  • At 2/07/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    oh, I love the junk food too.

    I don't know you well at all, only from what you post here. so take anything I say with a shaker of salt.

    strong points - you seem to have very deep emotions and I bet you are a great friend. you seem to be empathetic and can see things from others' perspectives. you also seem to always be striving to be a better person, which is admirable.

    not as strong points - it seems that you're unhappy fairly often, usually as a result of someone else's actions or emotions. it seems like you're really looking for something and you're discouraged that you haven't found it, and you are anxious to find it quickly, which might be putting too much pressure on yourself.

    assets - you have goals and ambitions and you work toward them. you seem like you're motivated. and you're an open person, which I guess could also be a liability if you wind up with a person who would exploit that.

    anyways. I like ya.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home