Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! (Okay, to those of my friends who, like me, are single... Happy Tuesday). I am currently at work and by myself. Everyone else left by 2:30 so since I'm feeling a bit bored, I figured I'd catch up with my blogging community! I didn't make it far. Mary's page was the first I made it to and she had tagged me for a meme. After I posted that I remembered that today is Valentine's Day and it's sort of fitting that I'm at work, alone, with a package of Oreos open in front of me! (Honestly though, I only had a few and then sealed the bag back up!)

Considering that AIM and I are not a couple any longer, I'm doing pretty damn good today. I was afraid that I'd be depressed and bitchy all day but I've been good. Really. Maybe it's because I saw him this past weekend and we had great sex. Maybe it's because I'm chalking it up to fun and am starting to let go. Nahhhh. It's gotta be the sex! Either way, I'm not complaining. I had a really good time with him this weekend.

He called me as I was walking in the door Friday after work. He said he was going out to dinner with one of his friends and then they were going to the bar. He asked if I wanted to join them and I said sure. He picked me up at his house a few hours later and the three of us went to the bar where a bunch of his other friends ended up joining us.

During the evening a few funny things happened. The first was with his friend A. I was sitting at the bar, A was to my right and to her right were two girls making out with each other. A, not one to hold back, asks them (while they're going at it) if they're lesbians. Well, that just set the one girl off. I can understand why she would have been shocked at the question but she acted offended, which I don't get since they were in a straight bar. Both of the girls were ready to try to take on A (and trust me, NEITHER of them would have stood a chance) but she never got up, or put down her drink. Someone managed to usher the angry lesbians out without a physical altercation ensuing.

The other funny thing was one of AIM's other friends, a male, asking me if AIM and I were still dating. I said no and he asked why. I told him he'd have to ask his friend for that answer. He proceeded to tell me what a wonderful guy AIM is. I cut him off by saying that overall, I think that AIM is wonderful, but that he needs to be smacked around sometimes. Do you know what he said to me? "All of us men need that sometimes." Duh. No shit.

So I leave for Florida a week from Friday. I am going down for my grandmother's 90th birthday. I leave NY on Friday afternoon and arrive home late on Tuesday night. It'll be good to see my family and I'm excited that my grandmother doesn't know anything about her party or that I'm going to be there.

Well, that's it for me for now. Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

5 Comments:

  • At 2/14/2006 8:01 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Where in Florida will you be? Your Valentine's Day sounds at least as good as mine was- blech!

     
  • At 2/15/2006 10:00 AM, Blogger patrice said…

    huh - great sex. I would think that would be confusing but you seem to be okay, so...great!

     
  • At 2/15/2006 11:22 AM, Blogger lonna said…

    I was thinking what Patrice was thinking, but again as long as everyone's happy that's great.

     
  • At 2/15/2006 3:21 PM, Blogger ramblin' girl said…

    wish I could have been checking in on everyone yesterday afternoon instead of sitting in a doc office... waiting... and waiting...
    Happy late Vday... er... I mean Tuesday!

     
  • At 2/17/2006 4:30 PM, Blogger ramblin' girl said…

    anytime! have a great weekend!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home