Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

He's Back

The guy that approached me in the parking lot at work on Thursday and asked for money, which he said he'd mail back to me... approached a co-worker of mine yesterday afternoon and told her that his car had broken down and that he was in need of a few dollars.

She called the office from her cell phone to inform those of us who park back there. Not wanting to be seen by this man again, I took a stroll out on the roof and sure enough, it was the same person.

At that point I decided that I wasn't taking any chances and I called the police to file a report. An officer came to the office this morning, gave me a case number and told me to call if I, or any of my co-workers, saw this man back there again. At least, he said, they could try to find out who he is, etc.

I left to go and get lunch today with the case number and my cell phone in my hand and didn't see the guy. It figures.

1 Comments:

  • At 3/08/2006 2:38 PM, Blogger lonna said…

    That's just creepy. We were hit up for gas money once at a rest stop on the highway by a couple with a baby. I later read that that is a common scam too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home