Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A Late Night Quickie....

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.

What dirty minds we all have now!!!!

Well, it's been a while since I last wrote so I had to get your attention somehow, didn't I?

Anyway, this is just going to be a few thoughts quickly posted because I am tired tonight and have to be out of the house early tomorrow.

My AJ had surgery today to have a growth removed from her throat. It's been growing for a while but the vet finally agreed that it was time to remove it. She made it through the surgery with flying colors. She could have come home tonight but instead is staying at the vet until tomorrow afternoon.

The reason she's staying there overnight when she was cleared to come home is because the competition between her and my father to see who can get the most attention or the most sympathy still rages on. Dad woke up with a fever around 103 this morning and is back in the hospital. However, he's at the local hospital and is being transported to the veterans' hospital in the morning. Since no one will be home tomorrow morning the vet told my mother to save herself the peace of mind to leave the dog there until someone can be home with her. (Well, duh the vet said that, I'm sure they're going to charge for keeping her the extra time!)

With these things going on, it's no wonder I've been thinking about death a lot lately.

And to think, I was going to post the other day about how boring my life is and that I never have anything to talk about!

Enough for now... I need sleep. More to follow (hopefully pretty soon).

1 Comments:

  • At 3/15/2006 9:02 AM, Blogger lonna said…

    I'm so sorry that your dad is in the hospital again. That must be so stressful for your whole family. At least your dog is in good shape after the surgery. I bet she'll be happy to see you when you get home.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home