Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Happy Anniversary

Happy Anniversary to me! Yep, that's right. I've officially been at this blogging thing for a year. When I had started my plan was to write at least once a day. Obviously that hasn't worked. Oh well. Maybe that'll change in year two.

Anyway, just a few brief thoughts before I get ready to do errands and head to the hospital...

AJ seems to be doing much better and is getting used to the medication. I think I'll start sleeping in my bed again instead of on the floor with her since she keeps ditching me in the middle of the night for the kitchen.

Dad's doctors are adding new meaning to the term "practicing medicine." His doctor told him last week she wanted to keep him for 7 weeks. Well, the rotation changed and now he's got a new doctor who told him he could come home next week. My mother was on the phone with the social worker and nurse coordinator immediately upon hearing that and they will keep dad for three more weeks before sending him home. We'll see what happens.

I miss AIM. I haven't seen him in a month. I just want to see him and to have him hold me.

Ha! When I started this blog it was mostly so that I could whine and moan about one man. Now I'm whining and moaning about another. Sensing a pattern?

Well, that's it from me for now. Here's to another year (at least)!

1 Comments:

  • At 4/08/2006 2:47 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Wow, and I have been there with you since the beginning! I have actually read every post on your blog, since we started out at the same time. Things have changed so much for you in that time- you are so much stronger than you were then. I am happy to have known you for the past year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home