Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Sunday, April 30, 2006

"Sun"day

Okay, so I recently said I was going to be more upbeat on here and I'm not about to back down on that just yet. Two of my cousins from Florida were here from Thursday until today. It was a short but good visit. They came up to visit my parents really since I saw them in February and will be heading down to see them again on Wednesday!

My dad was discharged from the hospital on Thursday, which was nice. I think he pushed because he didn't want them to see him in the hospital. I can't blame him for that but I'll admit that I had my doubts about him leaving then. However, with each day at home he seems more and more like himself. What a relief.

Anyway, the cousins left early this morning so I said good-bye and went to the track where I walked three miles. It's been a while since I've been able to go up there so I did have to push myself to go around twice but I did it. Afterwards, I came home and AJ and I went into the backyard where I was sunbathing and she was napping in the shade. It was quite pleasant. I got a little burnt though and will have to make sure to keep my skin extra moisturized so that I'm not peeling for the wedding this weekend!

Other than that I've just been catching up on laundry and trying to clean up some. I opened up Microsoft Word earlier to try to put down some ideas that I've thought about developing into a short story and, rather expectedly, I went blank. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

I have a lot of plans. I'd like to get back into exercising on a regular basis (which I think I can do now that dad is home and AJ is doing well), I want to get back to writing and I want to get back to losing some weight. It's time now to just close my eyes, take a deep breath, and focus on what I want. From there, I should be able to get moving toward those goals.

1 Comments:

  • At 6/05/2006 1:36 AM, Blogger Robin Rivers said…

    Rebecca
    Just wondered if you were OK.
    Hadn't seen anything posted in a while and wanted to make sure life was in order.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home