Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Friday, April 21, 2006

T.G.I.F.

Okay, this is just a whole bunch of new random thoughts that started with Thank God It's Friday! Tomorrow morning I'm getting my hair cut and highlighted. I'm pretty excited about this because even though I have loved my hair with the low and highlights this winter, I wasn't crazy about the way it looked in pictures. After I get my hair done, I'm going to visit my dad in the hospital and then I'm going to a party with AIM. I'm just as excited to see his/my new friends A & J-- the ones we went to dinner with right before the proverbial shit hit the fan between us. A & J are both very cool ladies and A and I are developing a really good friendship. I'm excited about this because all of my close girlfriends are married or involved or live far away. I miss having girlfriends that you can randomly go out with.

My boss let me leave today at 4 since it was slow. I stopped and picked up dog food and stopped into a nearby clothing store too. I wasn't expecting to find anything but I found a beautiful girly-girl top, which I bought for $15. Equally as exciting is that I paid cash for it! Now, I just need someplace to wear it! See, it's pretty but it really needs--in my opinion-- a jacket or sweater to go over it because it shows quite a bit of skin. However, I think I should pair it with a nice pair of jeans too... in beige... which I don't currently own. Kudos to me for getting the top at such a great price but now getting the rest of the outfit is going to cost me! Oh well, it'll be very pretty for the summer so I think it's worth it.

Sometimes I really frustrate myself. I had a great thought today... I guess it's been floating around in my head for a while but it felt like an epiphany today. I think I'd like to write a short story. Eventually a book, but I'll start small and work my way up. I have the material I need right here in my very own blog. I think it could be good. I just need to do it now.

I know I've mentioned before that I have a profile on MySpace. I changed it a while back to say that I'm looking for friends and dating. Every once in a while I would get a friend request or a message from someone I didn't know. Most of them I would read and ignore because they were businesses or individuals who use Internet speak so much that they just sound dumb. I recently changed my picture-- it's not revealing but I'm wearing a very low cut v-neck top-- all of a sudden a LOT of people are viewing my page and sending messages. I'm still weeding out the ones that I'm not interested in, which honestly seems to be most of them. However, I am talking to one new guy. He seems okay. We'll see what happens.

1 Comments:

  • At 4/21/2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Hmm... once you get your short story written I have a long list of places you can submit it to that accept online submissions. Yay for being an aspiring writer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home