Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, June 19, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

Well, there's not a whole lot going on here. I took a half day from work because I had a doctor's appointment. It was nothing big, just a routine checkup. Now, originally, for some reason, I thought my appointment was for 2 even though I wrote down 3. I called this morning and confirmed that it was for 3.

I left work at 1 and called one of my closest friends who works near my doctor's office and got her to meet me for lunch. It was a short visit but good. When she headed back to work, I headed to the doctor figuring that if I arrived early, hopefully they'd see me early.

They took me into the room about 25 minutes before my scheduled time and I thought this was great. Blood pressure - good. Weight - not so good, but not so bad either. With everything that's been going on this year I either don't have the time to exercise or if I have the time I don't have the energy. At my weight loss peak I was down 49.5 pounds. I have gained 20 pounds back. I'm not happy but I'm regaining my focus and planning to work it off again. And, honestly, I was afraid I had gained more back.

The room I was in was small and the AC was cranking. Here I sat sans pants under a paper sheet for 20 minutes. The doctor finally comes in, does a two minute exam and tells me to have a good day! Talk about frustrating!

Originally I had planned to try to get together with AIM tonight so when I left the doctor I called him. I didn't get an answer so I left messages at home and on the cell. I still haven't heard from him. The thing is that I'm not freaking out about this. He had an MRI today and when we spoke last night, I said if he was up to it, I'd come visit for a while. So I'm sure that he is probably drugged up and asleep. At least, I hope that's what it is and that it's nothing more serious.

Turned out though that it wasn't a big deal. My doctor's office is near the hospital my dad is in so I went and hung out with him for a few hours.

Nothing too interesting but that was my day and I felt like sharing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home