Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Monday, June 12, 2006

Dieting Dilemmas

Remember last summer? Remember how good I was doing with the gym and walking and losing weight and feeling good? I do too.

I haven't had the time to do that kind of stuff these last few months. I know some die hard exercise junkies would say that I just didn't make the time. That I could have woken up early to go before work, or brought lunch to work so that my hour break could be spent walking or working out, etc. and I suppose to some extent this is true.

Regardless, I've been feeling fat. My clothes still fit so if I've gained anything back it hasn't been too much. Still, I was doing SO good for a while. Point being, I've decided that I need to get back on track.

I had the bright idea that I needed something to give me a jumpstart when I saw an infomercial for something called the Hardcore Diet Pill. Well, I checked it out online and wasn't impressed. There was something hinky about it. Last night, I sat there watching an infomercial for an exercise video/DVD called Turbo Jam. It guarantees that you lose 10 pounds and 10 inches in your first week. It looks pretty crazy and I'm debating it. Of course, I didn't make it to see what the cost is but it was worth considering.

On Mondays, on my way to work, I stop at the grocery store for cereal and milk and I have breakfast at work. This morning, I detoured through the diet aisle and looked at the Dexatrim Max, something else I had seen the commercial for recently. You get 100 pills and take one tablet one to two times a day. Simple. I can do that. Then I look at the price. $24.00. It went right back on the shelf and I continued on with my original mission.

I suppose that anything worth having is worth paying for and had it been half that price, I would have made the purchase. But it seemed like an awful lot of money. So I have clothes here at work to work out in. Now I just need to get to the gym and/or walk.

In connection with my last post, is it wrong for me to put myself first for a change? I know I can do this but I need to focus... does that make me selfish?

2 Comments:

  • At 6/12/2006 4:45 PM, Blogger GlitterGlamGirl05 said…

    Being selfish is a good thing. We all need it.

     
  • At 6/12/2006 8:55 PM, Blogger Robin Rivers said…

    I never consider taking care of oneself selfish. You are no good to anybody if you aren't good to yourself.

    Rebecca, no way are you a dark soul. Everyone is good and bad, and all of it is healthy, as long as we recognize it for what it is and grow from it.

    Great to see you back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home