Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

WTF Is Up With 2006?

Seriously. What is going on this year? I can't say it's been completely terrible for everyone I know but it's certainly had WAY more negative than positive things.

Bad Things That Have Happened To Me And/Or People I Know This Year:

Dad goes into the hospital (multiple times);

We have to put my beautiful AJ to sleep;

My great aunt breaks her hip;

My dear friend D finds out the baby she's carrying has fluid in its stomach and there is a chance that she will lose the baby or that the baby will have some sort of birth defect;

AIM's friend Bobo finds out he has spinal cancer and has to undergo massive surgery;

T's friend Stephy finds out she has a brain tumor and has to undergo massive surgery;

A feels a mysterious lump behind her ear;

I gained back most of the weight I lost and now have to start all over again.

Good Things That Have Happened To Me And/Or People I Know This Year:

My other friend T found out she's pregnant and gets engaged;

D found out she's pregnant;

Dad came out of the hospital (multiple times);

Bobo and Stephy are both recovering from their surgeries pretty well.

Ugh. I just can't take all this negativity. I need something good to happen soon. With all the bad that I feel like I've been surrounded with, I want to believe that something good will happen soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home