Home of an Emotional Idiot

While there were times when he wished he could roll back the clock and erase all the sadness, he had a hunch that if he did so, the joy would be diminished as well. And that was something he couldn't contemplate. (From At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks)

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Quickly

Just wanted to get on here and post something quick since I haven't been on in a few days and have been missing it.

Dad came home from the hospital last night. It's good but it's not. The doctors said he'd be in the hospital a month to two months. Then, after only three weeks, they send him home. It's got to do with the insurance company but it drives me nuts. This is a man who got multiple sclerosis as a result of fighting for his country in Vietnam and being exposed to Agent Orange. This is the thanks he gets? I know got a better outcome than a lot of his fellow soldiers and I'm grateful but it's frustrating now when his insurance... his GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE insurance isn't covering this, that or the other thing.

I took my dress for Mary & Bill's wedding to be altered. The dress shop ordered me the size they did because when I gave them my measurements, my waist was a half inch larger than the manufacturer's recommendation for the size below. Fine. No worries. Well, when I took the dress to be altered, the seamstress said there was a pitching problem. It seems that the beaded design under the bust is going to be a problem for her. The result, she was afraid, would be a gaping of the bust off of my body. I'm picking the dress up on Saturday. I hope that it is far better than what she was explaining to me.

In other news, I joined Weight Watchers... again. I did quite well exercising and just watching what I was eating but with the craziness I've been dealing with this year, I needed some structure and something to get me jump started. So yesterday was my first day and I did pretty well. I decided to go with the Points program rather than Core. Yesterday I ate 5 points under what I should have. Today I'm meeting a girlfriend for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's. I looked at their nutritional information online earlier and I'm in trouble. Everything there is so laden with fat and calories. But even if I indulge tonight and follow the program until I weigh in again, I'm not terribly worried. I'm on the right track and that's what matters right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home